Community Health Webinar Series: Teen Mental Health in the Time of COVID
Apr 21, 2021 5:30 PM
To watch the video of this webinar, click HERE.
As if adolescence wasn’t stressful enough, the challenges teens have faced over the past year and continue to confront during the COVID crisis are unprecedented and can be extremely overwhelming. Families, friends and the community are often at a loss how to understand and offer support for mental health problems that are becoming increasingly common.
- Heather Johnson, MS, LMFT -- Clinical Supervisor, Marin, Huckleberry Youth Programs
- Kara Connors, MPH -- Marin HHS Senior Program Manager for Suicide Prevention
- Michelle Mazza, MFT -- MindFit DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) Center
- Jessica Colvin, MSW, MPH, PPSC -- Wellness Director, Tamalpais Union High School District
In this presentation, our speakers will discuss:
- Day-to-day management and preventative care
- Depression, crisis events, and suicidal ideation
- Anxiety and substance abuse
- Communication strategies in the home and community
- Confronting the stigma of mental illness
- Support resources
We'll also have time for Q&A at the end of the presentation.
Please submit questions in advance to Jennifer.Rienks@marinhealthcare.org.