(Leer en Español)
Marin Healthcare District Map
(Click here to enlarge)
Within Marin Healthcare District's (MHD) jurisdiction, above, MHD is committed to the following standards for its proposed district maps:
- Districts will be geographically contiguous.
- To the extent practicable, the geographic integrity of any local neighborhood or local community of interest will be respected in a manner that minimizes its division.
- To the extent practicable, districts will maintain the geographic integrity of a city or census-designated place.
- District boundaries should be easily identifiable and understandable by residents. To the extent practicable, council districts will be bounded by natural and artificial barriers, by streets, or by the boundaries of the city.
- Districts will be drawn to encourage geographical compactness in a manner that nearby areas of population are not bypassed in favor of more distant populations.
MHD and GEOinovo Solutions, Inc. have partnered to provide a digital mapping tool to encourage community input during MHD’s transition from at-large to district-based elections. The mapping tool enables residents to interactively draft districts or communities of interest based on common characteristics within a defined geography. This tool provides an opportunity for community members to contribute to the formation of MHD’s districts for its directors. We are excited to deploy this technology resource as part of our effort to promote transparency and increase community input during our transition to district-based elections.